I truly believe that there is a certain way that you should live your life. In order for me to strengthen my spiritual walk I must change the order of my day. I was reading an article online here, it talks about five key points:
- Give God The First Hour of Every Day-I’m very bad with praying. I always feel like I don’t have enough time in the morning to pray. This will be a challenge for me, but I know that fellowshipping with my Father should be the most important part of my day.
- Give God The First Day of Every Week– I’ll be honest and say that I don’t block off Sunday for God. I normally lay around the house doing what I want to do. The first step would be going to church and fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters and lifting up the name of Jesus. My Father has been too good to me to be so selfish. As for me and my house we will give glory to God everyday of the week because everyday is a blessing.
- Give God The First Consideration in Every Decision– I always thought that there were bigger issues that God could be dealing with other than listening to what I’m doing with my life. I guess I ‘ve been lying to myself this whole time because God wants to be included in every decision that I make for my life. He cares and wants me to consult with him before I make any decision.
- Give God the First Portion of All Your Income- Definitely not consistent with paying my tithes. I always spend all my money on material items and things that I like. Yup, I need to stop this. My first fruits need to always go to my Father first. My fiancée always tells me that our Father will take care of all our needs and he does even when we falter sometimes.
- Give God’s Son Jesus Christ the First Place in Your Heart– Putting Christ first will help me and my family, so this shouldn’t be a hard step for me.
I’m interested in seeing how these changes will help me with my walk. My spiritual walk is very important to me because I know how good God has been to me. How he’s protected me from danger seen and unseen. How he’s given me a gift to sing praises unto him. Let’s Pray!
I’m extremely happy to be your child, and I just ask that you could help to make me over into the person that you want me to be. I want to let go of all my selfishness and serve you. Where ever you take me lord I will follow, I know that you will never lead me astray. Thank you for everything you’ve done, for everything your about to do, and for what you’ve already done.
In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Here is a song that I would like you to listen to if you want, it’s by Tonex called, “Make Me Over”.